You are here: Home » Current Affairs » News » National
Business Standard

No new developments at Doklam face-off site: MEA

Indian and Chinese troops had on Aug 28 decided to disengage their armed forces from Doklam

ANI  |  New Delhi 

File Photo
File Photo

The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Friday confirmed that there were no new developments at the face-off site in the Doklam plateau, since the August 28 disengagement.

"There are no new developments at the face-off site and its vicinity since the 28th August disengagement. The status quo prevails in this area. Any suggestion to the contrary is incorrect," the official spokesperson of the MEA, Raveesh Kumar, said.

He later took to Twitter and posted the statement there as well.

There have been unconfirmed reports doing rounds that had shifted its unused road construction material to the North and the East of the Doklam face-off site and was back to building a road that had earlier initiated the crisis.

Also yesterday, Air Chief Marshal B S Dhanoa said that Chinese troops were still deployed at Tibet's Chumbi Valley post the Doklam stand-off, adding that he hoped they would withdraw soon.

Dhanoa added that the was prepared to effectively counter any threat from China, while confronting a two-front war also involving Pakistan, which has recently intensified border issues.

The and the China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) had, on August 28, decided to disengage their troops from Bhutan's Doklam plateau after months-long stand-off.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, October 06 2017. 23:21 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU