You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Four charred to death in fire mishap

Press Trust of India  |  Ghaziabad 

Four persons, including three children, were charred to death when a massive fire broke out at a godown of old clothes in Bhopra area of Sahibabad in the wee hours today.

The children's mother and their infant brother were injured in the fire.


"Six persons lived in the clothes godown. Six victims were charred to death in the fire while a woman along with her infant son managed to escape," A P Singh, Chief Fire Officer (CFO), Ghaziabad, said.

Singh said the fire department received a call at 12.35 AM. After a few hours, fire was completely doused.

According to initial investigations, the fire might have broken out when the victims were making food inside the godown.

The deceased have been identified as Sattan (75), Maneesha (15), Nukul (12) and Bheem (10).

Police said that Sattan is grandfather of three children who lived in the godown.

First Published: Fri, February 21 2014. 09:45 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU