Uma Mahesh Ambre is a happy mango farmer in Ratnagiri, a district located in the southwestern part of Maharashtra and known for the Hapus or Alphonso mangoes. She is now able to get the right value and timely payment for her harvest. Earlier this was a huge challenge as she had to sell mangoes through middlemen and traders. She has also been able to reduce post-harvest losses and improve the quality of mangoes. This turnaround in fortunes came after Ambre started selling mangoes through e-commere platform Amazon, which has improved the life of a lot of farmers like her, by providing technology and supply-chain to reach out to the customers.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.