Non-ferrous or base metal companies from Hindalco to Vedanta, Hindustan Zinc, Nalco and Hindustan Copper are increasing their capital expenditure (capex) outlays for the future as demand grows from user industries. Almost Rs 1.14 trillion of capex has been lined up between FY23 and FY29 by these firms, their recent announcements show, as sectors such as renewable energy, electric cars, beverage cans, electronic, cable and durable products and aerospace, push up the need for metals.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, June 10 2022. 19:21 IST