- Mass leaves by cabin crew an aberration, ready for growth: IndiGo
- We ensure that crypto transactions are in the KYC framework: CoinSwitch CEO
- Mumbai-bound SpiceJet Q400's windshield outerpane cracks mid-air
- BA.2.75 sub-variant of Omicron has limited circulation in India: Report
- Asus launches ROG Phone 6, ROG Phone 6 Pro gaming smartphones: Details here
- Export levy impact: Tata Steel deliveries drop 2% YoY despite higher output
- Indian influence in South Asia declines as China expands foothold
Coronavirus LIVE: Saudi suspends entry from 20 countries, including India
Coronavirus live updates: Globally, more than 107.8 million people have been infected by the virus and the death toll stands at 2,363,308
Coronavirus live updates: India recorded 12,760 fresh Covid-19 cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19). The country reported a net reduction of 4,984 in active coronavirus cases to bring its count down at 142,562. India’s share of global active coronavirus cases has declined to 0.55 per cent (one in 179). The caseload tally stands at 10,871,294. The country continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 17th among worst-hit nations by active cases.
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,048,802), Kerala (977,394), Karnataka (943,212), Andhra Pradesh (888,555), and Tamil Nadu (842,730).
The number of healthcare and frontline workers vaccinated against Covid-19 crossed 7 million on Wednesday, the 26th day of the countrywide inoculation programme, the Union Health Ministry said.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe, with more than 107.8 million infected by the deadly contagion. While 79,988,675 have recovered, 2,363,308 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 27,896,737, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, UK, Brazil and Belgium.
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.