- Wipro Q3 net profit rises 21%, profitability at 22-quarter high
- Mercedes to launch 15 new models in India to bolster its pole position
- Govt wants Pfizer to do local study for emergency approval: Official
- Primavera chairman believes Jack Ma 'safe and sound', upbeat on Ant
- Sebi bars TV anchor Hemant Ghai, wife and mother for 'fraud in trading'
- Govt to sell up to 10% in SAIL via OFS, may fetch Rs 2,600 crore
- Govt approves deal to buy 83 light combat Tejas aircraft for Rs 48,000 cr
- Tiger Global, others buy $50 mn shares from existing investors of Unacademy
- India Inc gets back to office cautiously, even as many MNCs remain shut
Coronavirus LIVE: Delhi schools to reopen for Classes 10, 12 from Jan 18
Coronavirus live updates: In the last 24 hours, India registered 15,968 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking the tally to 10,495,147. Globally, nearly 92 million people have been infected by the virus
Workers unload the first consignment of COVID-19 vaccine, dispatched from Pune's Serum Institute of India, from a temperature-controlled truck to a storage facility in Bengaluru, Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021. (PTI Photo/Shailendra Bhojak)
Coronavirus live updates: A mega immunisation drive against Covid-19 has kicked off with nine flights transporting over 5.6 million doses of the vaccine to 13 cities across the country on Tuesday. Kerala will get the first consignment of over 400,000 coronavirus vaccines today.
The Delhi government on Wednesday allowed all schools in the national capital to reopen for Classes 10 and 12 from January 18 in view of board exams, according to officials of the Directorate of Education. Students will attend schools only with consent of parents and physical attendance is not compulsory, while schools will follow all Covid-19 guidelines.
In the last 24 hours, India registered 15,968 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking the tally to 10,495,147. Globally, nearly 92 million people have been infected by the virus. The country continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 13th among worst-wit nations by active cases, according to data from Worldometer.
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (1,971,552), Karnataka (928,055), Andhra Pradesh (885,037), Tamil Nadu (826,943), Kerala (814,258).
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe, with nearly 92 million infected by the deadly contagion. While 65,806,183 have recovered, 1,968,544 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 23,364,614, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, UK, Brazil and Belgium.
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.