- Over 1,200 birds found dead across India; UP 7th state to report bird flu
- Harbhajan Mann, Jazzy B, Rabbi Shergill take the stage at Tikri border
- Farmers' leaders should discuss with govt and resolve stir: Ramdas Athawale
- 40-yr-old Punjab farmer ends life at Singhu border: Haryana Police
- Bird flu: Delhi bans import of live birds; Ghazipur poultry market shut
- 4.2-magnitude earthquake jolts Himachal Pradesh's Kangra
- Enforcement Directorate court directs AP CM Jagan to appear on Jan 11
- Determined efforts needed to bring economy back on track: VP Naidu
- Bird flu confirmed in 7 states, test reports from elsewhere awaited
- Trump's Twitter account suspension dangerous precedent: BJP leaders
Farmer Protest LIVE: PM should quit if he can't repeal farm laws, says Cong
In a move to put pressure on the government over the three farm laws, the Congress on Saturday said that it has decided to organise 'Kisan Adhikar Divas' in the country
Women farmers shout slogans at the site during their ongoing protest against the three farm laws at Tikri border, in Delhi on Saturday.
Farmers' protest LIVE updates Day 47: Farmer unions continued their protest at several Delhi borders on Sunday as the deadlock in negotiations with the government continued.
In a move to put pressure on the government over the three farm laws, the Congress on Saturday said that it has decided to organise 'Kisan Adhikar Divas' in the country and will gherao the Raj Bhavans across all states on January 15. The ninth round of talks between the farmers and the government is also scheduled to be held on the same day.
The Centre has procured 531.22 lakh tonnes of paddy so far during this Kharif marketing season from over 70 lakh farmers at MSP, costing a little over Rs 1 trillion, amid the ongoing protest by farmers at Delhi borders seeking repeal of three new farm laws and legal guarantee of MSP. The Kharif marketing season starts in October.