- Cotton output estimated to go up by 9% at 36 million bales in 2019-20: CAB
- Govt may set up new rocket launch pad near Kulasekarapattinam in Tamil Nadu
- Sena-Cong-NCP's Common Minimum Programme promises pvt job quota for locals
- An airport in Ayodhya? Centre in talks with UP, says Hardeep Singh Puri
- NTPC to spend Rs 100 cr for Medical College modernisation in Chhattisgarh
- AAP questions BJP's motives on Bill to regularise unauthorised colonies
- Make onion available at Rs 15.6 a kg instead of Rs 60: Delhi govt to Centre
- DRT directs Nirav Modi, partners to pay Rs 7,030 crore with interest to PNB
- JNU Students' Union to hold protest outside HRD ministry on Friday
- Top headlines: Q2 GDP growth estimate, Uddhav's swearing-in, and more
Parliament highlights: Chit fund Bill passed, Pragya faces action, and more
Parliament Winter Session 2019: Lok Sabha passes bill to grant ownership rights to residents of Delhi's 1,731 unauthorised colonies
The Lok Sabha on Thursday passed the Bill to grant ownership rights to residents of Delhi's 1731 unauthorised colonies. A war of words broke out between the BJP and Congress in Lok Sabha during discussion on the bill, when BJP's Ramesh Bidhuri alleged that successive Delhi governments failed to extend ownership rights to people residing in those colonies.
Participating in the discussion, A R Reddy of the Congress said that former chief minister Dixit took several steps for the development of the national capital and this is time when the House should remember her.
The Parliament passed a bill which provides for raising the monetary limits for chit funds to three fold and hiking commission for foreman. The Chit Funds (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was passed by voice vote in Rajya Sabha.