- IT Minister claims Twitter denied access to his account for an hour today
- Ram temple land purchase a fit case for CBI, ED probe: Sanjay Raut
- Disproportionate assets case: ACB begins open inquiry against Sachin Waze
- India's first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier will be commissioned next year
- Thousands of Indian youth face deportation in US, seek White House's help
- ED raids ex-Maharashtra HM Anil Deshmukh's premises in Nagpur, Mumbai
- Rajnath Singh to review progress of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier today
- Petrol, diesel prices remain unchanged a day after setting new records
- ED records statement of DCP Raju Bhujbal in Anil Deshmukh corruption case
- Complaint registered in UK against Mehul Choksi's lawyer Michael Polak
Parliament highlights: Chit fund Bill passed, Pragya faces action, and more
Parliament Winter Session 2019: Lok Sabha passes bill to grant ownership rights to residents of Delhi's 1,731 unauthorised colonies
The Lok Sabha on Thursday passed the Bill to grant ownership rights to residents of Delhi's 1731 unauthorised colonies. A war of words broke out between the BJP and Congress in Lok Sabha during discussion on the bill, when BJP's Ramesh Bidhuri alleged that successive Delhi governments failed to extend ownership rights to people residing in those colonies.
Participating in the discussion, A R Reddy of the Congress said that former chief minister Dixit took several steps for the development of the national capital and this is time when the House should remember her.
The Parliament passed a bill which provides for raising the monetary limits for chit funds to three fold and hiking commission for foreman. The Chit Funds (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was passed by voice vote in Rajya Sabha.