After Maharashtra, Karnataka has reduced the stamp duty charges to 3 per cent from 5 per cent for homes valued between Rs 35 lakh and Rs 45 lakh. According to industry players, with housing demand largely skewed towards the mid segment involving properties priced within the Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1 crore budget range, the move will have a limited impact in the state unlike Maharashtra which had reduced stamp duty for properties across all budget segments.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, March 08 2021. 18:16 IST