Micro-finance institutions (MFIs) have battled the economic fallout of the pandemic and are on a major rebound. Delinquencies and collections are back to their pre-Covid levels, and data from most states are indicative of the same. Edited excerpts from an e-mail interview with Alok Misra, chief executive officer and director of the Microfinance Institutions Network with Raghu Mohan:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, February 28 2022. 06:07 IST