The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Wednesday announced a 25-basis-point hike in the repo rate to 6.25 per cent, in line with market expectations. The six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) kept its stance neutral, despite a repo rate increase. All of the six members of the MPC, including Governor and MPC Chairman Urjit Patel voted in favour of a rate hike.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, June 06 2018. 15:19 IST