- Stock, forex, bond markets shut today on account of Muharram
- Industry group pitches for removal of surcharge on category III AIFs
- Planning to buy term insurance? Restrict premium to 5% of annual income
- Asset sale boost for Dilip Buildcon; stock gains more than 10%
- Equity flows inch higher as investors pump money to make most of correction
- Dabur leans on 'Power of 8' to beat slowdown, sustain medium-term growth
- Why the worst may not be over yet for investors of Equitas Holding
- Sebi starts fresh talks on weather derivatives after NCDEX proposal
- Saudi committed to remain a reliable oil supplier to India: Pradhan
- Market Wrap, Sept 9: Sensex surges 164 pts, Nifty ends at 11,003
Sensex ends 407 pts lower, Nifty below 11,750; YES Bank, Maruti top losers
All that happened in the market today
The benchmark S&P BSE Sensex crashed 407 points, or 1.03 per cent, to 39,194, with YES Bank, Maruti Suzuki, HDFC, Hero MotoCorp, and Sun Pharma leading the list of losers. The broader Nifty50 index settled 108 points lower at 11,724.
All the NSE sectoral indices except Nifty PSU Bank finished the session with losses, with Nifty Pharma and Nifty Auto, down 1.46 and 1.22, respectively dipped the most. About 1,157 shares advanced, 1,292 declined, and 167 remained unchanged on the NSE.
On a weekly basis, the Sensex closed the week 0.65 per cent lower while the Nifty50 slipped 0.84 per cent.
In the broader market, the S&P BSE MidCap index lost 56 points, or 0.3 per cent, to 14,625, while the S&P BSE SmallCap rose 19 points, or 0.14 per cent, to 14,084..
Aurobindo Pharma shares slipped 8 per cent to Rs 579 on the BSE in early morning trade on Friday after the company received a warning letter from US health regulator for its Unit XI, API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) manufacturing facility in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh. The stock ended the day 3.92 per cent lower at Rs 602.35. READ MORE
Sobha stocks dipped 11 per cent to Rs 500 on BSE on Friday after more than four per cent total equity of the real estate developer changed hands via block deals in early morning trade. By the end of the session, the stock was down 7.39 per cent lower to Rs 520.30. READ MORE
Tanla Solutions shares continued their upward movement, hitting an over 9-year high of Rs 67.20 per share, up 5 per cent on the BSE in an otherwise weak market. READ MORE