- LIC listing: After discounted debut, Macquarie sets Rs 1,000 as target
- LIC lists at 8.6% discount, stock recovers partially post weak debut
- MARKET LIVE: Sensex soars 700 pts, Nifty atop 16K; LIC lists at 8% discount
- Stocks to Watch: LIC, IndiGo, GSK Pharma, Max Health, PSUs, Bharat Forge
- Is Ambuja Cement & ACC merger on the cards after Adani's Holcim deal?
- LIC to list on bourses today: Check share price and other details
- LIC stock may be held for long term if there's no listing gain: Experts
- Product portfolio, expanding markets to drive gains for Eicher Motors
- Markets snap six-day losing streak; Sensex ends 180 points higher
- LIC may list at a discount to issue price if grey market is an indicator
RBI's dovish policy gives Sensex 381-pts boost; RIL up 4%, IT stocks shine
The central bank also retained the GDP growth forecast at 9.5% for the on-going fiscal year and revised CPI inflation projection downward to 5.3% which also supported sentiment
The RBI's seemingly dovish policy, with repo and reverse repo rates unchanged at 4 per cent and 3.35 per cent, respectively, bolstered bull sentiment on Dalal Street on Friday. The central bank also retained the GDP growth forecast at 9.5 per cent for the on-going fiscal year and revised CPI inflation projection downward to 5.3 per cent for the whole fiscal (from 5.7 per cent) which further supproted the sentiment. READ ABOUT IT HERE
Overall, the frontline S&P BSE Sensex closed the session at 60,059 levels, up 381 points, while the Nifty50 ended at 17,895 levels, up 105 points.
Reliance Industries, which hit a record high of Rs 2,684 apiece in the intra-day trade, settled nearly 4 per cent higher and contributed nearly 2/3rd towards Sensex's gains today. Other contributors included Infosys, TCS, L&T, HCL Tech, and ICICI Bank.
In the broader markets, the BSE MidCap index ended 0.15 per cent higher and the BSE SmallCap index added 0.92 per cent. Both the indices hit a record high of 25,956 and 29,358, respectively, earlier today.