Waking up with puffy eyes is rather common and it is easy to treat them. Drink sufficient water and use refrigerated slices of potatoes to get rid of the puffiness, suggest experts.
Bubbles Singh, Founder at Just B Au Naturel and Ragini Mehra, Founder at Beauty Source, have listed simple ways to treat your problem:
* The easiest way to get rid of puffy eyes is to drink water. When the body is well hydrated, there is less chance of water retention that can cause your under-eye area and other parts of your body to swell.
Water also helps flush toxins out of the body.
* Iced compresses like chilled green or black tea bags can help soothe puffy and irritated eyes. They contain anti-irritant properties that help reduce swelling around your eyes. You could even try splashing your face and eyes with ice cold water.
* Slices of refrigerated potato or cucumber work as a fantastic natural remedy to get rid of under eye puffiness.
Bengal's potato production likely to dip
Potato production to be lower by 10 lakh tonne in FY18
One person dies, 5 fall ill after consuming wild potatoes
Goodness of coconut for skin care, diet
WB govt extends transport subsidy for potato farmers
Traditional fashion technique to opt for Holi
Celebs keep off political controversies for a reason: SRK
RIL to buy 5% stake in Eros International, form Rs 1,000 cr fund to co-produce content
Cabinet approves India-Israel pact on film co-production
Tanuja Chandra, Juhi Chaturvedi launch Writer's Lounge
The enzymes and the astringent properties in these vegetables help reduce inflammation and help tighten the skin. This remedy will also help get rid of wrinkles and dark circles around your eyes.
* A mask made of egg whites helps in tightening the area around the eyes, as egg whites are a nourishing natural skin care treatment, reducing puffiness of the eyes.
* Puffiness of the eyes can be caused by seasonal or inherited allergies. Allergies prompts us to rub our eyes more, leading to further puffiness. Visit a doctor and get yourself checked in case of any such.
* Use natural products that help reduce dryness, reduce puffiness and hydrate your skin like an eye serum or aloe vera based eye creams which can also cool down the eye area.
These products do not harm the eyes, repair and replenish the skin around the eyes, ensuring that you see a difference in the brightness and texture under your eyes when you get up in the morning.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)