In his column “Just let go and grow roses” (August 30) Pratip Kar makes an interesting observation that people in power or control should let go when necessary. One situation when this is necessary is the time the incumbent is on the threshold of entering the level of incompetence. This would be the case when too many changes in business environment or volatile turmoil within the organisation may call for a different set of competence the individual may not possess. Better to hand over then.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, August 30 2018. 21:28 IST