- Delhi govt devises happiness therapy to ensure hospitals don't feel gloomy
- Now, headmasters in govt schools in MP will also have to teach as 'experts'
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan's video with Advani's photo in background goes viral
- MLAs of SP, BSP likely get Cabinet berths in Madhya Pradesh by January 20
- RJD chief Lalu Prasad's family not to host Makar Sankranti feast
- Emraan Hashmi's film 'Cheat India' title changed after CBFC objection
- A hard-earned break: Amit Shah joins party colleagues for a rare dine out
- Battle lines drawn in Andhra Pradesh ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha elections
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik to join protest for minimum support price of paddy
- Will Jitendra Singh replace Gehlot to become Rahul's most trusted advisor?
Lok Sabha elections: Grand Alliance of RJD and Congress under strain
The bypolls are a test as they will be held after Nitish Kumar decamped from the GA to the BJP
Business Standard Last Updated at September 26, 2018 18:18 IST
But then, all is not well in the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) either. The test will be in the by elections to one Lok Sabha seat (Araria) and two assembly seats (Jahanabad and Bhabua) due on 11 March. The Grand Alliance (GA) of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) and Congress is under a strain as both members of the alliances have staked their claim over the three seats. The bypolls are a test as they will be held after Nitish Kumar decamped from the GA to the BJP. As RJD chief Lalu Prasad is in prison, the party is now being run by his son Tejashwi and his standing will also be tested by the outcome of these elections. In the 2014 general election, the RJD had contested the Araria seat alone and defeated the BJP and JDU candidates.
First Published: Sat, February 17 2018. 20:12 IST