- Million-dollar question: Who will be Congress' CM candidate in MP?
- Congress finds it hard to appease rebel candidates in Madhya Pradesh polls
- Don't make eye contact with monkeys: Lok Sabha's advisory to visitors
- Madhya Pradesh polls: BJP's politics turns cow into party campaigner
- Different era, different politics: When HKL Bhagat left Khurana in tears
- Madhya Pradesh polls: Every fifth candidate is a relative of a BJP leader
- MP polls 2018: Digvijaya miffed over Sanjay Singh Masani joining Congress
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls: 'Tai' and 'bhai' locked in cold war
- Diwali politics: Union ministers are busy hosting get-togethers
- Madhya Pradesh elections: BJP's list of 177 candidates creates confusion
Lok Sabha elections: Grand Alliance of RJD and Congress under strain
The bypolls are a test as they will be held after Nitish Kumar decamped from the GA to the BJP
Business Standard Last Updated at September 26, 2018 18:18 IST
But then, all is not well in the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) either. The test will be in the by elections to one Lok Sabha seat (Araria) and two assembly seats (Jahanabad and Bhabua) due on 11 March. The Grand Alliance (GA) of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) and Congress is under a strain as both members of the alliances have staked their claim over the three seats. The bypolls are a test as they will be held after Nitish Kumar decamped from the GA to the BJP. As RJD chief Lalu Prasad is in prison, the party is now being run by his son Tejashwi and his standing will also be tested by the outcome of these elections. In the 2014 general election, the RJD had contested the Araria seat alone and defeated the BJP and JDU candidates.
First Published: Sat, February 17 2018. 20:12 IST