Sholinganallur is an established residential node located on the IT corridor towards the south of Chennai. The advent of Information Technology business parks and dedicated Special Economic Zones (SEZ) in this region marked the rise of Sholinganallur as the next big financial and economic hub of Chennai. Surrounded by other IT-based suburbs such as Perungudi, Siruseri and Taramani, Sholinganallur has been a regular attractor of a large IT-based population. Moreover, Tamil Nadu Government's Industrial Development Corporation TIDCO is building a Financial City in Sholinganallur to house global financial corporations.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, January 12 2017. 01:08 IST