Amitabh Kant, chief executive of Niti Aayog, has described United Payments Interface or UPI as one of the easiest payment systems in the world. One simply needs to know the Aadhaar card number or Virtual Payment Address of the receiver. Then, use your thumb to access your bank account and transact. The best part: You don’t have to remember any bank account details. Sounds simple?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, December 19 2016. 10:19 IST