Over 70 girl students of the Kasturba Gandhi Vidyalaya at Awagarh here have taken ill allegedly after consuming food in the school, official sources said.
The girls felt uneasy after consuming food last night and were taken to a hospital where their condition was stated to be stable, they said.
The girls suffered from food poisoning, the doctors treating them said.
Taking note of the incident District Magistrate Amit Kishore ordered a magisterial probe into the matter.
Kishore, who has also ordered collection of food samples from the school, said the report of the incident will be sent to the government after probe.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.
Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.