You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Four of a family among eight injured in LPG cylinder blast

Press Trust of India  |  Thane (Maha) 

At least eight people were injured, four of them members of a family, when a cooking gas cylinder exploded following a leakage here in Maharashtra, police said Sunday.

The incident took place in the IndiraNagar locality of the city late Saturday evening, they said.

The injured are being treated at the Government Civil Hospital here and at least four of them, all from one family, are in a critical condition, the police added.

The LPG blast took place in a house where atiling work was being carried out, a said.

The owner had kept the outside the house when it began to leak and suddenly exploded, said Santosh Kadam, of the Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) of the

The blast left four members of a family - a couple and their two children - in whose house the tiling work was going on, seriously injured, the police said.

The other injured included their neighbours, they said.

The house owner, Gomti Prasad Sharma, who received 90 per cent burns, has been booked under IPC sections 285 (negligent conduct with respect to fire or combustible matter) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others), the police added.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, October 07 2018. 12:10 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU