You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

MP teen electrocuted after climbing atop rail wagon for selfie

Press Trust of India  |  Jhabua (MP) 

A teenager Monday died after he climbed atop a wagon of a goods reportedly to click a and got electrocuted by the overhead wire, a railway security official said.

The incident happened near Bherugarh railway station in Jhabua in Madhya Pradesh, he added.

"Pankaj (16) climbed on top of the wagon in the afternoon to click a as reported by eye-witnesses. He came in contact with a high-tension overhead wire and got electrocuted," said

A probe is underway to find out why the teenager had climbed on top of the wagon, he added.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, February 11 2019. 17:15 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU