You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Plastic chair manufacturing unit gutted in North 24 Parganas

Press Trust of India  |  Kolkata 

A major fire broke out at a manufacturing unit at in North 24-Parganas district on Monday, a official said.

The fire, which broke out at noon, was still raging with black smokes spreading to a neighbouring residential area, triggering panic among people.

There was no of any person being trapped or injured in the incident, even as firemen were searching if there was anybody inside the unit.

sources said that 25 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames at the manufacturing unit.

and Fire Services Jagmohan were superivising the operations at the spot.

Since a huge quantity of plastic and other inflammable articles were stored in the premises, the firemen were having a tough time to control the flame, the police said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, February 11 2019. 16:00 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU