MUMBAI (Reuters) - Indian mortgage lender Housing Development Finance Corp Ltd (HDFC) said it raised 18.96 billion rupees ($291 million) in a share sale to institutional investors.HDFC sold shares at 1,825 rupees apiece, it said in a regulatory filing on Monday. Its shares closed on Monday at 1,789.60 rupees.HDFC has said it plans to use the proceeds from the sale to fund growth of its subsidiaries and for the potential acquisition of stressed assets in the real estate sector. ($1 = 65.1050 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Sankalp Phartiyal; Editing by Susan Fenton)(This story has not been edited ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2021 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard