(Reuters) - Indian shares settled lower on Friday as disappointment over technology giant Tata Consultancy Services missing quarterly margin estimates weighed on the trading sentiment, while investors looked out for results from its rival Infosys Ltd for clarity.The benchmark Sensex closed the session 0.27 percent lower at 36,009.84, while the broader Nifty ended down 0.25 percent at 10,794.95.For the week, however, the Sensex rose 0.9 percent, while the Nifty gained 0.6 percent.Shares of Infosys, scheduled to report quarterly earnings later in the day, closed the session 0.68 percent higher. ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2020 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard