Two local brands, Balaji Wafers and Yellow Diamond snacks have leveraged their understanding of regional markets to take on large Indian and MNC brands in the national salted snacks market. Having established their sway over a few states to begin with, the two brands are pushing up their advertising and marketing budgets to create a national impact and footprint. Rajkot-based Balaji Wafers is present in five states and has set aside a hefty budget for branding and marketing for the coming year while Sequoia-backed Prataap Snacks has recently signed Salman Khan as its brand ambassador.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.