In ancient Greece, Athena was the goddess of wisdom, handicraft and warfare. Interestingly, when JSW Steel embarked on its digital transformation journey back in 2017, it codenamed the initiative as ‘Athena’. Two years on, the company has made significant progress in this effort by implementing Industry 4.0 technologies in over 100 projects. The Sajjan Jindal-run steel major claims that the initiatives have so far resulted in a cost saving of over Rs 180 crore. This year, it expects to make an additional saving of Rs 300 crore.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, September 02 2019. 22:34 IST