ALSO READBetters see 70% chance of a Hillary Clinton win, Donald Trump trails at 30% Hillary Clinton finally says it: Russian hacking played role in her defeat Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump: Latest developments on US elections We owe Donald Trump an open mind and a chance to lead: Hillary Clinton FBI confirms probe of Trump links to Russian campaign meddling
Hillary Clinton says she is taking responsibility for her 2016 election loss but believes misogyny, Russian interference and questionable decisions by the FBI also played a role in the historic upset.
The former Democratic presidential nominee on Wednesday reflected on the presidential contest during the Women for Women International's annual luncheon in New York.
Clinton said she was "on the way to winning" until a combination of events in the final days. She cited the FBI director's letter to Congress resurrecting questions about her email practices and WikiLeaks' repeated release of her campaign's internal emails that "scared off" people.
She also said misogyny "played a role in this election", won by Republican Donald Trump.
She conceded she made mistakes but said, "The reason I believe we lost were the intervening events in the last 10 days."