You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

25 tribal students fall sick after dinner, food poisoning

Press Trust of India  |  Thane 

Around 25 students of a government-run ashram school for tribal students at Mall village in district took ill due to suspected food poisoning, police said today.

"The students complained of vomiting, headache, body pain and nausea last evening after consuming dinner. They were rushed to PHC (public health centre) at Tokawade. The doctors attending to them examined and discharged 17 of them today as their condition has improved and they were out of danger," Murbad police station officer said.


During treatment, it was detected that eight students are suffering from typhoid and remain hospitalised.

The officer said that food samples from the ashram shala (residential school) have been preserved for testing.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU