You are here: Home » Companies » News
Business Standard

BPTP in talks with US firm to sell Gurgaon IT park

BS Reporter  |  Mumbai 

BPTP, a Delhi-based property developer, is in talks with US-based investor to sell its upcoming information technology park in Gurgaon for around Rs 425 crore, said a person close to the deliberations.

holds 51 per cent stake in the project, while Merrill Lynch holds the remaining part. Merrill bought 49 per cent in the project in 2007 for Rs 112 crore, valuing the project for around Rs 228 crore. With the exit, and Merrill are expected to make 86 per cent gains from their investments.

"We are in talks with many investors; we cannot disclose the names,'' said a spokesperson. executives could not be reached.

BPTP had filed for its Rs 1,500-crore initial public issue with the markets’ regulator, Sebi. However, it held back due to volatility in the markets. BPTP had shot to fame earlier with its Rs 5,000 crore land deal in Noida: it had to surrender a major portion due to slowdown in property concerns and liquidity issues. earlier had a joint venture with It later bought the latter’s stake.

First Published: Wed, June 30 2010. 00:43 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU