In its first-quarter update for FY21, Titan Company after market hours on Tuesday said its jewellery business in June reached 70 per cent of the year-ago level, and 83 per cent of its stores across all businesses were now open. But, the Street wasn't impressed and the stock fell 2.6 per cent on Wednesday; the Sensex was down 0.8 per cent. According to the update, Titan's jewellery revenue in May was slightly below 20 per cent of the year-ago level.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, July 08 2020. 17:51 IST