- Lakhimpur Kheri violence: SKM calls for nationwide 'rail roko' on Oct 18
- J&K: Two non-locals killed in targeted attack in Kulgam
- Prices of onion, tomato and potato cheaper than last year, says govt
- Ramleela skit row: Amid social media outcry, AIIMS student body apologises
- CM Yogi Adityanath to compensate 200,000 UP farmers for crop losses
- Singhu border lynching: 3 sent to police remand, 2 SITs conducting probe
- Jaishankar in Israel for high-level talks for enhancing strategic ties
- Google sent 50K warnings to targets of government-backed hackings
- Delhi Metro launches free WiFi services at Yellow Line metro stations
- PM Modi to inaugurate Kushinagar International Airport on October 20
LIVE: Govt passes Parliament test on Kashmir bills, Modi hails 'new dawn'
Jammu and Kashmir LIVE updates: The Lok Sabha has taken up the resolution to abrogate Article 370 of the Constitution and the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill
Lok Sabha on Tuesday approved a resolution abrogating special status to Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370 of the Constitution and a bill for splitting the state into two Union Territories.
The resolution was passed by Lok Sabha with 351 members voting in its support and 72 against it, while one member abstained.
The bill to create two UTs -- Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh -- was passed in the House by 370 votes in favour and 70 against.
The resolution and the bill were approved by Rajya Sabha on Monday.