- NGT rejects plea alleging falsification of emission readings by Mercedes
- Delhi govt directs hotels, liquor shops to ensure strict compliance of SOPs
- Delhi's air quality index falls to 268, remain in 'poor' category
- Top headlines: Bonus for central govt employees, SBI hikes home loan sops
- HC to hear plea to release wages of nursing staff at MCD hospital on Nov 4
- Union Cabinet approves adoption of Jammu and Kashmir Panchayati Raj Act
- New integrated terminal building at Pune airport to be ready by 2022: AAI
- Life imprisonment to one for kidnapping, rape of teenager in Uttar Pradesh
- Ahead of festive season, Tami Nadu allows shops to remain open till 10 pm
- Sensitise students against bursting firecrackers, Delhi govt to schools
LIVE: Govt passes Parliament test on Kashmir bills, Modi hails 'new dawn'
Jammu and Kashmir LIVE updates: The Lok Sabha has taken up the resolution to abrogate Article 370 of the Constitution and the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill
Lok Sabha on Tuesday approved a resolution abrogating special status to Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370 of the Constitution and a bill for splitting the state into two Union Territories.
The resolution was passed by Lok Sabha with 351 members voting in its support and 72 against it, while one member abstained.
The bill to create two UTs -- Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh -- was passed in the House by 370 votes in favour and 70 against.
The resolution and the bill were approved by Rajya Sabha on Monday.