- Cabinet likely to consider ordinance to ban electronic cigarettes today
- Bharatiya Kisan Union seeks ban on e-cigarettes and vaping devices
- Patients to fake websites: One year of Ayushman Bharat reviewed in numbers
- India takes guard against rogue drones after Saudi Aramco attack
- India looks to Russia for crude after drone strike on Saudi oil facilities
- Modi govt sensitive to the concern of Industries, says Amit Shah
- India expects to gain control over Pak occupied Kashmir one day: Jaishankar
- Cap surge pricing by Uber, Ola at 25 per cent: SJM urges Transport Ministry
- Indo-US relations in very good health, on an upward trajectory: Jaishankar
- India faces 'unique challenge' from one neighbour: Jaishankar takes on Pak
LIVE: Govt passes Parliament test on Kashmir bills, Modi hails 'new dawn'
Jammu and Kashmir LIVE updates: The Lok Sabha has taken up the resolution to abrogate Article 370 of the Constitution and the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill
Lok Sabha on Tuesday approved a resolution abrogating special status to Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370 of the Constitution and a bill for splitting the state into two Union Territories.
The resolution was passed by Lok Sabha with 351 members voting in its support and 72 against it, while one member abstained.
The bill to create two UTs -- Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh -- was passed in the House by 370 votes in favour and 70 against.
The resolution and the bill were approved by Rajya Sabha on Monday.