- Red Fort violence: Court grants bail to actor-activist Deep Sidhu
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh expresses shock at mass shooting incident in US
- US FedEx shooting: Jaishankar assures all assistance to Sikh community
- Four Sikhs among eight killed in mass shooting at FedEx facility in US
- Petrol, diesel price unchanged for 2nd consecutive day as OMCs observe mood
- US, Japan pledge to strengthen Quad to build free, open Indo-Pacific region
- IAF to reorient for future challenges, prep roadmap for asset utilisation
- Shortcomings of multilateral system laid bare by pandemic, says Shringla
- Odisha government grants mining lease of Utkal-E coal block to NALCO
- Top headlines: Govt push to step up vax output; normal monsoon in 2021
LIVE: Telecom department assigns frequencies to successful bidders
The meetings are being called against the backdrop of the growing laxity in following Covid-19 protocols during campaigning in West Bengal. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
With West Bengal witnessing a surge in coronavirus cases, like other states, the state Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) has called an all-party meeting today to reiterate instructions on campaigning amid the pandemic and encourage more virtual rallies for the remaining phases of the Assembly elections.
The meeting has been called at the behest of the Election Commission (EC).
The meetings are being called against the backdrop of the growing laxity in following Covid-19 protocols during campaigning in West Bengal. Last week, the poll panel had warned all political parties that it will not hesitate to ban rallies and meetings if precautions are not adhered to.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.