- Coronavirus lockdown: Mumbai's 191 'containment' zones under lens
- Govt eyes over Rs 5K-cr unspent MPLADS funds amid coronavirus outbreak
- States scramble to identify Tabligh attendees as Delhi govt evacuates 2,361
- SC to hear PIL seeking declaration of financial emergency after 2 weeks
- Our financial position is too strong to cut salaries of govt employees: UP
- Tracking mobile phones to check movement of quarantined people: Kejriwal
- Launch contact tracing of Tablighi participants on war footing: Centre
- Covid-19 reminder of interconnected nature of world: Modi to Chinese PM
- Rise in coronavirus cases since Tue due to Delhi mosque event: Govt
- Top headlines: Maruti Suzuki car sales drop; PSBs merger now effective
Parliament highlights: LS adjourned amid uproar over suspension of Cong MPs
The Rajya Sabha will reassemble on March 11 after Holi
As soon as the House met for the day, Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu lauded the role of women in all spheres of the society, and added he chose to make the remarks today as International Women's Day on March 8 was a holiday.
Naidu also made an observation that the media should have highlighted the statement on coronavirus by Health Minister Harsh Vardhan in the House on Thursday as it was an issue of public concern, but "unfortunately a section of media did not focus on it".
After the papers were laid in the House, Opposition members stood up and started sloganeering over the recent violence in northeast Delhi, which claimed at least 44 lives and left over 200 injured.
Naidu asked them to allow the proceedings to go on but as some of the members trooped into the well, he adjourned the House for the day.