The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council in its upcoming two-day meeting is likely to take up the fitment committee’s recommendations which propose raising rates on certain goods and services, including LED lights, lamps, and leather, and also pruning exemptions on a host of items, including some packaged food products, said officials privy to the agenda for the meeting.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.