- Wealthy PF investors may opt for debt funds as Budget changes tax rule
- India's domestic air passenger traffic down 40% to 7.7 million in Jan
- LIC Housing wins in valuation, but its asset quality a drag: Analysts
- Allegations of dodging laws have malicious intent: Amazon India chief
- RailTel IPO subscribed 42 times; firm heads for Rs 3,000 cr valuation
- India's visa curbs for Chinese workers hurting Taiwan tech giants
- How an Arctic blast in Texas is fast becoming a global oil market crisis
- Collaboration a key takeaway in pandemic: Modi at workshop with 10 nations
Bengal polls LIVE: Amit Shah promises 33% reservation for women if BJP wins
It is for the first time in the run up to the elections that Mamata Banerjee and Shah are holding rallies in the same district. Stay tuned for West Bengal election 2021 campaigns LIVE updates
Union Home Minister Amit Shah | Photo PTI
West Bengal election 2021 campaign: Ahead of Assembly polls in West Bengal, Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday launched BJP's fifth Poribortan Yatra in Kakdwip of South 24 Parganas district. Speaking at the launch event, the Home Minister said his party is fighting to make the state 'Sonar Bangla'. "This is BJP's fight to make Bengal 'Sonar Bangla'. This fight is between our booth workers and the syndicate of TMC Trinamool Congress (TMC)," he said.
Amit Shah is in Bengal for a two-day visit, during which, he will flag off the final leg of the five phases Parivartan Yatra of the BJP in the state.
After having a limited presence in politically polarised Bengal for decades, BJP has emerged as the main rival of the ruling Trinamool Congress after winning 18 of the 42 Lok Sabha seats in the state in 2019 general elections, only four less than the TMC tally of 22.
Election to the 294-member state Assembly is expected in April-May this year.
Stay tuned for West Bengal Assembly election 2021 campaigns LIVE updates