The coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic led to many financial relief measures, which complicates the assessment of banking performance. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) offered a moratorium on bank loans for the period April-August 2020. In September, the Supreme Court (SC) issued a stay order on a proposal to extend the moratorium. It also directed banks to not tag any bad loans as “NPAs” (Non-performing assets) until and unless the loan was already declared an NPA by August 31.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, March 23 2021. 12:51 IST