Ask Keki Mistry if the wariness towards non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) in the aftermath of the Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) fiasco is an over-reaction and he readily says: “Yes. On the unfounded belief that other NBFCs would default as well,” says the vice-chairman and CEO of Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, October 19 2018. 05:30 IST