The police said the drive to ensure the safety of children in Calangute had been going on for the past two days.
A health checkup was also conducted to ensure the children's well-being; however, their parents remained untraced.
After being produced before Child Welfare Committee, the girls were taken in by Apna Ghar, the state-run children's protection home at Merces.
The incident came to light after four minor boys were rescued by police in the similar fashion from the same beach stretch on Saturday night.
The police said the drive would continue to ensure safety and protection of children in the area.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)