Business Standard

Minor girl dies of burn injuries from hot tea

IANS  |  New Delhi 

A four-year-old girl died after she was scalded by hot tea that fell on her while she was playing at her east Delhi home, police said on Tuesday.

Police said Aayat received over 65 per cent burn injuries on her face and other body parts and succumbed to her injuries on Monday at Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital.

"Aayat's elder sister Subi prepared tea on Saturday morning and kept the container near a bed. Aayat fell from the bed and the piping hot tea scalded her. She later succumbed to her injuries," a police officer said.

Police is investigating to ascertain the veracity of the claim made by the family.



(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Tue, July 25 2017. 22:24 IST