You are here: Home » News-IANS » Business-Economy
Business Standard

'Trump executive order could ban Chinese equipment-makers in US'

IANS  |  Washington 

US is preparing to sign an order next week, banning American carriers from using equipment from Chinese technology players, the media reported on Sunday.

The decision is expected to be announced ahead of the Mobile World in from February 25, the Police reported.

"Both the and have been trying to ban networking infrastructure from Chinese companies for months," the report said.

Chinese has been in bad light after the last month filed a host of criminal charges, including bank fraud, obstruction of justice and theft of technology against the company and its detained

Apart from Huawei, has also been listed to be banned from being used by network operators in the US.

The US has long suspected and often accused the of encouraging trade secret theft as a way to build up its own industries which has reportedly prompted the to take such drastic measures.

"Government officials are mainly targeting and ZTE's network infrastructure business, so the sale of phones and tablets to US consumers would likely not be affected," the report said.

Earlier in January, an of Chinese origin -- Jizhong Chen -- was found to have been attempting to leak confidential intellectual information about the company's secret autonomous vehicle programme to a China-based autonomous vehicle company where he had applied for a job as well.

--IANS

rp/ksk/bg

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, February 10 2019. 14:00 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU