The worrying surge in Covid-19 cases could lead to a second wave if action is not taken on a war footing. This much was clear from the prime minister’s meeting on Tuesday with chief ministers. Given this, it is vital for the government to restart its campaign of spreading awareness to underline the importance of Covid-19 social protocols, and accelerate the pace of testing. At the same time, it is clear that arbitrary local lockdowns are not an effective deterrent to the spread of the virus even as supply chain disruptions are likely to impair the recovery, the first edit says. Read it here.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, March 19 2021. 02:02 IST