The Indian labour markets saw substantially increased activity during April 2022. The labour force swelled and employment increased handsomely during the month. People seeking employment increased in large numbers and the Indian economy was able to provide additional employment in large numbers as well. But, the additional jobs that became available were inadequate compared to the demand. As a result, April also saw an increase in the people left unemployed and the unemployment rate inched up a bit compared to its level in March.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.