What is common between Marico, Bajaj Finance and Sun Pharma? Apparently nothing. These are all owned by different sets of promoters and operate in completely different sectors. One has a strong international focus and the other two are addressing the domestic market. What they have in common is that they are exceptionally well-run companies that have created enormous wealth for shareholders. Their secret: Consistently high returns on capital employed.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, October 30 2016. 21:21 IST