Youngsters in the age group of 15 to 24 years hold the greatest promise as the source for economic growth of a nation. This is the age when people graduate from education and step into the labour markets to chart a career or at least make a living. People usually complete high school (12th standard) by 18 years of age, graduation by 21 years and post-graduation by 23 or 24 years. The transition from education to employment begins at different stages for different people during these years. In India, most people seem to make this transition after high school. Education may never end, but in the modern world, employment must begin somewhere between 15 and 24 years of age.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, August 29 2022. 23:59 IST