Affordable housing is among the fastest-growing segments within consumer finance. While mortgage penetration in India is low at 11 per cent, it drops further to below 5 per cent in rural and semi-urban areas. This reflects a largely untapped affordable housing finance market worth close to Rs 30 trillion. What does it take to successfully navigate this landscape?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, September 25 2022. 17:53 IST