You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

3 injured after roof of a house collapse in UP

Press Trust of India  |  Mathura 

Three persons, including a four- year-old child, were injured when roof of a house collapsed due to explosion of a firecracker at Chaumuha town here, police said today.

The incident occurred yesterday when cowdung cakes caught fire after a burning candle feel on it and a 'Sutli' bomb, a type of firecracker, kept nearby exploded, Dy SP Sanjai Kumar said.

The victims -- identified as Rajan Lal Jatav (52), Rajrani Jatav and Chotu -- were injured when the roof of the house collapsed due to the blast, police said.

The bomb squad made a thorough inspection but did not find anything objectionable in the house, police said, adding that the injured were rushed to a nearby hospital and were released after first aid.

First Published: Thu, August 06 2015. 02:02 IST