You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Close shave for Bihar Guv as tent catches fire in Kumbh

Press Trust of India  |  Allahabad 

escaped unhurt after a fire broke out at a tent located on the campus here, fire officials said Wednesday.

The fire, which started at around 2:30 am from a tent at Triveni Shankul in Arail area, where the was also staying, soon engulfed two other nearby tents, said Pramod Kumar Sharma, the (CFO) of Kumbh.

No injury or death was reported, the said.

It was to be ascertained whether the fire was sparked by a blower or a short-circuit, the said, adding that the matter was being probed.

While two tents were completely destroyed, one was partially damaged, he said.

was there to take part in a programme and was away in some other tent when the fire broke out.

Fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot and the situation was brought under control.

There have been at least eight fire incidents at separate places on the during the ongoing Kumbh here, officials said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, February 13 2019. 21:25 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU