You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Couple dies of food poisoning, daughters hospitalised

Press Trust of India  |  Vadodara 

A couple died due to suspected food poisoning at Khokhar village in Savli tehsil of Vadodara district while their three daughters have been admitted to the SSG Hospital here and are undergoing treatment.

Kesarisinh Parmar (50) and his wife Shantaben (45) took ill and died yesterday after eating a dish of Gunda leaves mixed with curd and khichdi on Thursday night, said a police official.

The couple's three daughters also fell sick and were admitted to SSG Hospital.

Asha (16), the couple's fourth daughter who did not eat due to her fast, said other members of the family took ill after eating the meal on Thursday night.

Police are conducting further probe.

First Published: Sat, April 09 2016. 21:02 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU