The Madras High Court has directed the Public Department secretary to produce all documents related to the disproportionate assets case against Tamil Nadu Minister K T Rajenthra Balaji and asked the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption to conduct the investigation afresh.
The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) told the court that all further action in the case had been dropped based on investigation.
A Division Bench of Justices M Sathyanaryanan and B Pugalendhi on Wednesday gave the direction while hearing a petition by Mahendran, seeking an investigation by the DVAC into the accumulation of wealth by Balaji when he was minister from 2011 to 2013.
The DVAC informed the court there was no prima facie material in the complaint against the minister, and hence investigation had been dropped.
The court said Balaji was vice chairman of the Tiruthangal Municipality in 1996 and the DVAC had restricted the enquiry only to the period of 2011-2013.
The enquiry ought to have been conducted from 1996 itself when he was the vice chairman of the panchayat, it said.
The bench asked the Directorate to conduct the investigation afresh.
The DVAC, in its report filed in a sealed cover, said "that further action against the minister, Rajenthra Balaji, has been dropped in the disproportionate wealth case."
The bench posted the case for hearing on August 26.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)