Sudan's army rulers and protesters are to hold fresh talks over handing power to a civilian administration on Monday, spokesmen for the generals and the protest movement said.
On Saturday, the Alliance for Freedom and Change -- an umbrella for the protest movement -- said the generals had invited it for a new round of talks after several days of deadlock.
Sayed did not explain why the talks were postponed, but sources in the alliance said that more time was needed for consultations within the leadership.
The talks are being held in an "optimistic atmosphere", Kabbashi said in a statement, adding that the negotiations aimed "to reach an agreement over the arrangements of the transitional period".
The army generals and protesters are at loggerheads over who will sit on a new ruling body that would replace the existing military council.
The generals have proposed that the new council be military-led, while the protest leaders want a majority civilian body.
Late last month, the alliance -- which brings together protest organisers, opposition parties and rebel groups -- handed the generals its proposals for a civilian-led transitional government.
But the generals have pointed to what they call "many reservations" over the alliance's roadmap.
They have singled out its silence on the constitutional position of Islamic sharia law, which was the guiding principle of all legislation under Bashir's rule but is anathema to secular groups like the Sudanese Communist Party and some rebel factions in the alliance.
"We want to hold the talks quickly and sort out all these points in 72 hours," the alliance said on Saturday.
Witnesses said angry protesters blocked the avenue after police initially stopped them from going to the sit-in outside the army complex from that road.
Groups of men and women then blocked the avenue using rocks, tree trunks and branches, witnesses said.
The military council slammed the blocking of the avenue.
"It is totally unacceptable what is happening on the Nile street as it creates chaos and makes life difficult for citizens," the council said in a statement.
It also dismissed unconfirmed reports that security forces were trying to disperse the sit-in outside the army complex.
"There are reports circulating on social media about the military council's intention to disperse the sit-in by force," it said.
"We assure that this is totally false.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)